Thank you so much for visiting my blog. God BLESS !

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Do You Mulch For Winter?


Years ago, when I was a bit more energetic and more anal about my yard, I would edge and mulch every fall and blow each leaf off of my gardens. Boy was I silly... Not only was I wasting time and money, I was getting rid of a very valuable natural resource. I just finished mowing my yard and although my new Cub Cadet doesn't mulch the leaves as nice as my antique John Deere, I choose to blow the leaves onto my flower beds. Not only does this save money on mulch, but it saves alot of time and effort and provides my perennials with natural acids.

The only drawback to doing this is that you must be an early gardener and get outside and remove the leaves off of the beds. If left for too long, they can kill your investment.

2 comments:

Rooster Inn Primitives said...

Not me Carla to much like work. LOL I'm not wanting winter to come. Can't wait for spring. They are calling for frost tonight. Brrrrrrrrr..Don't work to hard.

hugs pam

Country*Road*Primitives said...

Hi Pam!! Do you just let the leaves blow into your neighbor's yard? LOL!! hehehe!! I know how you feel. We were cold at the football game Friday night and it's not even NOVEMBER yet. I hope it is warmer when we go trick or treating... It was really nice last year.

I should have pulled my begonies up today, but it was so dusty mowing that I couldn't wait to come in and shower.

Do you have a facebook yet? xox