Friday, September 12, 2008
I just listed some gorgeous canvas banners this evening. The pictures simply do not do them justice and I don't have a stock photo to use. There are everyday banners and Christmas banners. The colors are rich and they are very primitive... I have them marked at almost wholesale price, so get them while they are in stock now...
I received an email from a regular, kind customer that wanted more burgundy fabric strips, so the pumpkins are sitting for awhile until I can restock my fabric strips. I have been stripping the fabric while watching Geraldo on Fox, in Galveston. I have also listed some blue and tan gingham fabric strips. Please check out my eBay store when you get a chance... I have some great bargains in there and am stocking new items everyday. *sending prayers to those in TX and LA*
I woke up this morning to a text message from my dh telling me of a fire to the right of our bus stop. When the girls and I walked out of our house this morning heading for the garage, we could smell the stench of smoldering fire. As we arrived at the bus stop, we coud see the lights from the firetrucks and tankers. We live on the mountain and do not have fire hydrants. We have tanker trucks that travel to a local pond and to the Shenandoah River to fill up and then drive to the fire location. I asked someone walking by which house had burned and she told me that their lane was blocked with firetrucks from the surrounding Loudoun County area as well as our own volunteer firefighters. We saw several tankers drive back and forth in front of us. Any house burned is a sad event, but this particular house was the Keyes Ferry House, where they used to run a ferry boat from this side of the river where the house is located, across the river to the mill, taking many to work each day. Teachers own the house and had recently moved to MD, leaving their son in the house. I am *sending prayers* to the family and pray their son was not in the house at the time of the fire. The house burned to the ground, leaving only the chimney. Thank you to all of the firefighters for responding to the call.