Thank you so much for visiting my blog. God BLESS !

Friday, November 21, 2008

Sears ~ Christmas Shopping This Year



Sears - Christmas shopping this year...

I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up for active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

This is TRUE and can be verified at http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

4 comments:

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago on Fox News...
I'm going to try to find at least ONE thing I can buy from there..
I always support anyone who supports our soldiers....I never thought I'd be an Army Mom, but it sure has changed my heart towards our men and women in uniform, and the sacrifices they make..

Janelle

Country*Road*Primitives said...

I get the girls' pics taken at Sears... They do a nice job :) xox

Theresa said...

For my birthday, my friend Susan gets Eva's picture taken for me at Sears, and I think they do a really good job. I too, will find something to buy at Sears. Thanks for the reminder for what they do for all of us.

Country*Road*Primitives said...

Thank you Theresa :) Hubby took one of their pics to CVS and had Christmas cards made out of them. I can't wait to see them! Yes, I think Sears does an excellent job, too... xox